Zucchini Potato Leek Soup
I got inspired to make a soup after finding some leeks at the farmer’s market, so I grabbed some leeks, potatoes and zucchini, and made a zucchini potato leek soup. I got the recipe inspiration from Goop but made some of my own variations that make it more flavorful in my opinion.
It’s great for a cold fall day and super easy to make. It’s also gluten free and dairy free. Here’s what you’ll need:
1/4 cup of olive oil
2 large leeks. Make sure to use the white and light green parts, only. Clean them under water and thinly slice
5 - 6 small yellow potatoes peeled and cut in half
3 large garlic cloves minced
2 medium zucchini cut into small half-moon slices
2 teaspoons salt (feel free to add a bit more)
4 cups of bone broth ( I used chicken) - you can always use water instead if you’d rather
1 teaspoon cracked ground pepper
1 pinch of chili flakes
1. In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil and leeks over medium heat and sauté, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes, or until soft.
2. In a medium sauce pan, boil hot water and add in the potatoes - cook until they are soft
3. Add the garlic, zucchini, salt, and chili flakes, cover the pan, and steam over medium-low heat for 10 minutes
4. Transfer the mixture to a high-powered blender with 3-4 cups of bone broth and blend until very smooth. Taste for seasoning and serve!
5. Drain the potatoes once they are fully cooked and add them into the blender, as well.
6. Garnish with very thinly sliced zucchini, breadcrumbs, or sunflower seeds to add some texture.
P.S. this is a stock photo, so mine did not look this pretty. Don’t beat yourself up if yours doesn’t either.
#healthyrecipes #glutenfreeeats #cleaneats #goop #dairyfree #healthysoups